Thursday 15 March 2018

Simple future: will and won't


Simple Future has two different forms in English: "will" and "be going to" Although these two forms refer to a specific time in the future, they often express two different meanings. 

Will future expresses a spontaneous decision, an assumption with regard to the future or an action in the future that cannot be influenced.

Form of will 


positive
negative
question
No differences
I will speak.
I will not speak.
Will I speak?

Use of will 


§                          a spontaneous decision
Example: Wait, I will help you.

§                          an opinion, hope, uncertainty or assumption regarding the future
Example: He will probably come back tomorrow.

§                          a promise
Example: I will not watch TV tonight.

§                          an action in the future that cannot be influenced
Example: It will rain tomorrow.

§                          conditional clauses type I
Example: If I arrive late, I will call you.

Signal Words

§                          in a year, next …, tomorrow
§                         Supposition:  I think, probably, perhaps








Exercises 

§                          Positive sentences
§                          Negative sentences
§                          Questions in will Future 
§                          Mixed exercise

Tests

§                          Future I Simple willLevel 1 • Level 2 • Level 3


No comments:

Post a Comment